Here are top 6 places that you must visit in the glorious land of Tawang
The town is located in the beautiful location of Arunachal Pradesh and is much famous among the tourists especially among the people who follow Buddhism. The natural beauty of the town with some of the delicious gourmet food attracts tourists from different countries and visiting Arunachal Pradesh by not adding Tawang to your list is a huge no. There are some of the amazing places to visit here that we have mentioned below.
- Tawang Monastery– This is the largest monastery in India and it is the second largest in the entire globe and is also known as Golden Namgyal Lhatse. This is the first in the list as it is the best place to visit Tawang and is 3 stories high. Perched 3000 metres above sea the monastery is enclosed by a 925 feet wall. This place is 400 years old and founded by Merak Lama Lodre Gyatso. There is a huge statue of Lord Buddha present here and along with the filled beautiful interior artwork this place is very beautiful indeed.
- Sela Pass– The Tawang district is connected to the rest of the state via Sela Pass and tourists are also highly attracted to the Sela Lake present here. As per the belief there are around 101 lakes near the pass and are considered to be very sacred in Buddhism. So many devotees visit the place and it is usually snow-covered so the beautiful scenery with the breath-taking nature’s beauty is a must to watch.
- Tawang War Memorial– Dedicated for all the martyrs of the 1962’s Shino-India battle, the memorial is constructed to keep the historical memory fresh. In memory of Jaswant Singh who fought bravely in the war, his huge portrait along with his belongings like army uniform, watch, cap and belt is kept here to date. The 40- feet structure reminds of the brave warriors that protected the city till their last breath which itself makes the place very rich in history.
- Pankang Teng Tso Lake– It is also famously known as PTSO lake and is again a very famous tourist spot in Tawang. If you plan to visit this place in winter then the lake will be fully frozen and the surrounding lands will be filled with pure white snow making it a beautiful spot for pictures. If you visit the lake in summers then the atmosphere would be perfect for a picnic, enjoying the chill air and the greenery surrounding the lake.
- Nuranang Falls– This is one of the most beautiful waterfalls in the town and the amazing view of water falling from 100 feet is indeed majestic. Located in between complete green forest the spectacular hills, crystal clear water and the beauty of Arunachal Pradesh is all that you will find here. A great way to enjoy your picnic is to visit the falls.
GorichenPeak– This is the highest peak that you will find in Arunachal Pradesh which is located at an altitude of 22,500 feet that is above sea level. Also, locals call this peak by the name Sa-Nga Phu and is considered to be a sacred peak. If you like trekking then do make a stop at this place