Why these 5 places are a must to visit in the majestic city of Ongole?
Ongole- The headquarters of Prakasam district in Andhra Pradesh
Situated on the planes of the city, it is very renowned for the natural habitat and beaches with clean, clear water here. Attracting many tourists every year, Ongole has been a centre of attraction for people who love shopping and going on vacations especially for relaxation. Most of the city is surrounded by plains making the climate here very pleasant and is perfect to visit mainly in winters. The picturesque landscape, some ancient temples, soft sandy beaches and a perfect vacation is all what you will get here in Ongole, Andhra Pradesh. Here are some of the most beautiful places in that you shouldn’t miss visiting.
- Chennakesava swamy temple– Built by the Haihaya kings the temple’s marvellous architecture is very fascinating. The temple was constructed in 1113 AD and indeed it is very auspicious dedicated to Lord Vishnu. Along with Lord Vishnu’s idol, Goddess Laxmi is worshipped here by many pilgrims and each part of this temple speaks artistic expertise. The place is also considered to be very sacred as locals say that it is the birthplace of Sankeerthana Acharya Sri Annamacharya.
- Vodarevu beach– One of the most remarkable beaches that you will find in Andhra Pradesh is Vodarevu beach having the best sceneries. Lined up coconut tress with golden soft sand makes this place heavenly and for people who like adventures can try out several water sports available here. You can also try out boating and is a perfect place to relax indeed. Also, there are several restaurants and food stalls nearby the beach where you can try one of the best authentic food of Andhra Pradesh.
- Kothapatnam beach– Adding one more beach to the list, Kothapatnam beach is located in a small costal village and this beach is too one amongst the top attractions in Ongole. It is 18 km from the city, and you can easily travel by taking a bus or cab to this place. Entertaining facilities like boating, several food stalls are here and if you visit this place during the summers the chilly air and clear blue water will surely prove to be very mesmerizing.
- Bhairavakona– This is a holy place and pilgrims visit the temple of Sri Trimukha Durgamba Mahadevi and Sri Barguleshwari Swamy temple here. The place is also famous for Kaala Bhairava Swamy who guards the location. The main deity of the temple is Goddess Saraswathi Devi and the entire temple is carved from a single stone. The attractive waterfall that falls from a height of 200 metres is centre of attraction and tourists can visit all the eight temples constructed in the hill here.
- Chandavaram excavation site– A great place for enjoying good scenery, some of the greatest excavation like the sthupas present on the hill, and the cool breeze from the Gundlakamma river is all here. The Mahastupa here in this vast land is visited by many religious people and tourists of different religion come to this place because of the rich history of the excavations site and it traces back to 2nd century.