Do not forget to know about these 5 places before visiting the Porbandar city
Porbandar, this amazing city of Gujarat state is famously known as the birthplace of Mahatma Gandhi and also has a significant tourist attracting place. The place where Mahatma Gandhi spend a part of his life is now converted into a peaceful temple and also other tourists spots like clear beaches, some famous local bazars, temples and many other ancient places are present here which gets easily crowded by many tourists every year. So, let’s give a look at some of the top best tourists visiting places in Porbandar, Gujarat that you should do visit while visiting the city.
- Porbandar bird sanctuary– Covering a kilometre square area the bird sanctuary is famous for having some of the precious species of birds ever found including Flamingos, geese, Grebes, Coots, Pelicans, Ducks, Gulls, Avocets, Red shanks, Cormorants, Ruff, Herons Indian roller and much more migratory birds are here. Many bird watchers, wildlife lovers, photographers, and tourist visit the beautiful location of Porbandar bird sanctuary.
- Kirti Mandir– As mentioned before the memorial house is built in memory of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi and now it is also a small museum which consists of many things that Mahatma Gandhi has used before. He and his wife, Kasturba’s paintings, their pictures and many other items are put up here on display. The place is highly visited by many people, leaders who follow Mahatma Gandhi and many writers and philosophers who want to know about him detail.
- Miyani Beach– The beautiful beach is at a distance of 35 km from Porbandar but gives a splendid view as it is a very well-maintained beach and perfectly suits to be visitable specially during the summers. The beach has also some of the mostly highly tourists spot nearby it including the Kriti mandir, Brahma temple and much more which attracts many devotees. There are several cafes, restaurants and food stalls nearby it and the clear soft sand, cool wind blowing, crystal clear water is something present here that you should try exploring
- Porbandar beach– The beautiful beach is also famously known as Willingdon Marina Beach and is the most attracting beach in the region of Porbandar. The amazing spot is again famous for the huge palace of Huzur located near it. This is the ideal place for enjoying the pleasant air, nature’s beauty and waves flowing towards you. Also, a perfect spot for going for a walk-in morning and evenings as the spot is a beautiful location for enjoying the sunrise and sunset too which indeed is very much splendid.
- The Nehru planetarium– Visiting Porbandar and not visiting the Nehru planetarium is not happening. Built by the former Prime Minister Jawahar Lal Nehru the construction took place in 1977 and surely the place is candy to eyes if you love watching stars and for science lovers, get more information here. The planetarium has n number of photo panels and there are also many shows held here for you to enjoy.