Best top 5 tourist attractions in the glorious city of Daman
A city with a rich historical significance like that of Daman is hard to not visit and thus Daman has become one of the highest visited cities by tourists in India. The unique monuments, different architectural buildings addressing different parts of the rich history of the place and some of the best beaches with well maintained facilities and clear sand as well as water is found here. There are also some other famous structures addressing the Portuguese rule over here in the ancient period and here are some of the best places to visit in Daman.
- The Nani Daman Fort– The fort with huge stone walls is very much famous in the city because of the majestic huge statue of St. Jerome present here. It is believed that the statue and the church of Our Lady of Sea here is very renowned and is remarkable indeed attracting many tourists. The fort covers an area of 12,250 sq. meters and this place is one of the main tourists spot that should be on our list.
- Jain temple– The beautiful Jain temple in Daman is very impressive site to visit because of the intricate architecture of the ancient temple. It is believed that the walls of the temple have some intricate inscriptions and drawings on it which is traced back to 18th century. These walls have a glass cover which makes the entire temple look very elegant and murals found here is just breath-taking. These murals describe the life of Mahavir Swami who is considered as the founder of Jainism.
- Jampore beach– Daman is known for its beautiful beaches and this is the one of them. The beach has blackish mud-coloured water and is a perfect place for spending some qualitive time with your friends and family. A great place to relax in your vacation and the place is covered with greenery making the air fresh here. The cool breeze, ecstatic view, pleasant walk by the sea, good food by the nearby stalls, several sport activities and much more make this place very fun to visit.
- The Moti Daman Fort– Covering an area of 30,000 sq. m, the historical fort is renowned because of the beautifully designed cannons seen here. The spectacular carvings, beautiful location and the noteworthy history of the fort makes it very famous. Tourists also can visit the Church of Bom Jesus, along with the Chapel of Our Lady of Rosary here and the Church of Our Lady of Remedies which is again nearby. The fort was constructed in 1559 because the Portuguese wanted to save the region from the Mughals and now there is tomb of Portuguese poet Bocage but the visitors are not allowed to see it.
- Mirasol Lake Garden-The Lake Garden has a crystal-clear lake which is artificial but yet very fascinating and the beautiful greenery of the park makes it a perfect place to have a small picnic on a nice sunny day. Restaurants and food stalls here serve some of the best snacks and for kids there is a toy train ride available for having fun. You can enjoy the boat rides here and can have a nice walk during evenings.