Stop visiting boring spots and explore these 5 places in the beautiful city of Bhilai
Bhilai is famous for being the industrial city of India but not only this the place is famous for that but also for the spread greenery, nearby forests and some of the best tourist attractions that you would love to visit during your vacation. The beautiful tropical climate of the region, and as the banks of river Shivanath is nearby, it all adds up to become such an amazing tourist place which should be a must to visit. The rich culture of the region tracing back to ancient period with some of the richness of ancient structures are as follows-
- Tandula Dam– Located on the Tandula river, the beautiful dam serves a breath-taking view which makes it a perfect picnic spot. The construction was started on 1910 and this dam of area 25397 Hact and was constructed completely on 1921. The dam stores water of around 827.2 square and is a very important source for all the locals.
- Maitri Bagh– This park and zoo is a best place to visit if you like animals and natures. Also, children love this place as it is the biggest zoo in this region of Bhilai. The park is amazing but the most amazing thing is the reason for the construction of the park and that is for symbolising friendship between USSR and India. It was constructed on 1972 and many tourists visit this place for enjoying its beauty. The park is also famously called as the friendship park.
- Hajra– This place is located around 100 km from Bhilai and is located in between the thick dense forest. There are tunnels and hills surrounding this place and the most amazing picturesque view. The waterfalls falling from a height of 150 m and is enjoyed by many tourists. After enjoying this picnic spot there are also several hotels and bungalows built to stay.
- Civic centre– The civic centre is the best place for shopping and the famous shopping hub is filled with finest shops for clothing and accessories. There are also several food stalls here and a children’s park with a toy train for them so that they can have fun. There are also many art exhibitions held here and an open-air theatre is present which you can visit if you are a movie lover. This is a perfect place with lots of hustle and bustle, musical nights and several cultural activities taking place.
- Uwasaggharam Parshwa Teerth– It is a renowned pilgrim place which was founded in year 1995. The temple is a Jain Temple and many devotees visit this holy place. There is also a Yoga centre here along with Guest houses and with the river Sheonath surrounding it, the view becomes all majestic. The temple is mainly famous for the beautiful 30 feet long entrance and it also consist of a Shri Parshwanaths statue. The idol is covered with the holy water Amiya and the temple gets visited by many devotees and tourists especially on the full moon day for its grand pooja.